A dental implant surgery is a procedure which involves embedding a surgical component in your jawbone to replace your missing teeth. It consists of three components, titanium implant, abutment and the crown. The surgery has several benefits apart from reinstating your teeth that are missing, but you also need to keep certain important things in mind after the completion of the procedure.
The surgical area will take time to recover, and you have to be extra cautious during that period.
Following these measures can help heal the surgical site soon.
- The incision site must not be disturbed after the surgery. The area will be quite tender and it could bleed or get inflamed if a proper care is not taken. Therefore, remember not to brush vigorously, clean around the surgical area gently and be very careful while doing that.
- Chewing your food from the side of your surgical area can certainly cause discomfort. Therefore, avoid eating from that side or else the healing period can extend.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water and add a pinch of salt to Swish your mouth with it to feel comfortable. It could also help heal the surgical area soon. You can repeat the process twice to thrice every day.
- Exercising every day could be a significant part of your daily routine. But, you need to stop lifting heavy weights and do something strenuous for a few days after your dental implant surgery. Thus, don’t exercise until the incision site fully heals, this will minimize the risk of bleeding and inflammation.
- Smoking can be one of the major reasons for implant failure. You might be at a greater risk of developing an infection after a dental implant surgery if you smoke. This will result in an extension of the healing period. Therefore, avoid the habit for a few days. Smoking is extremely injurious to health and can give rise to many dental problems, hence, it is better to give up on the habit as soon as possible.
- It is important to get an adequate amount of nutrients after your dental implant surgery. Also, remember to eat only soft foods until and unless you get a green signal from your dentist to follow your normal diet.
Get in touch with Long Falls Dentistry today 315-497-6316 if you are looking for effective dental implant surgery services. We are conveniently located at 40 Franklin St #3, Carthage, NY 13619.