Relieve tooth pain
A root canal can save your tooth
With the term root canal, many of you might start feeling the anxiety building in you. Also, this keeps many patients from visiting the dentist. Let us assure you, with Dr. Salam taking the lead, and the field of dentistry embracing the most recent technologies and methods, there’s absolutely nothing that you should be worried about.
There is a space in our tooth which houses the soft tissues - 1. the pulp, 2. blood vessels, 3. nerves and 4. connective tissues. The treatment known as pulpectomy is the process of removal of damaged pulp from a tooth. The root canal process allows dentists to replace the damaged pulp while preserving the natural appearance of the tooth better than other alternatives. It’s less painful, incurs lesser expenses and preserves your teeth.
Understanding how root canal works
- The tooth is fully anesthetized. The type of sedation depends on your individual preferences and your condition - mostly the level of anxiety.
- Following the application of an anaesthetic, a hole is created on top of the tooth reaching down to the level of the pulp.
- The pulp is removed using laser technology.
- The next step includes thorough disinfection of the tooth.
- The tooth is then filled with a pulp-alternative for preventing further infection.
- The last step includes the sealing process. This can be done in many ways and mostly depends on the immediate condition after the above steps are completed.
Commonly called a root canal, this treatment is a type of endodontic therapy that's often recommended if the tooth pulp and nerves become infected or damaged. In most cases, a root canal can be completed in only one or two comfortable visits to our office.
Your comfort is our priority
Long Falls Dentistry takes pride in letting you know that a root canal is nothing more but a routine procedure that can be virtually painless. Dr. Zeeshan Salam, uses the latest technologies so that you get the best for your individual needs.
We will be more than happy to answer your questions and meet you in person for a consultation at our Carthage NY dental office. Dr. Salam will let you know of any alterations in the process, if required, for achieving the best solution suitable to you.