Gone are the days when people used to rely on amalgam fillings to save their decayed tooth. With the introduction of new and innovative dental treatments, getting your teeth restored has become very easy. Composite fillings have a micro-mechanical property which makes them stand out. You certainly won’t opt for a dental treatment if it is not effective and tooth-colored fillings have all the abilities to bring back the strength of your affected tooth. Composite fillings will not only treat your decayed tooth, but would also improve the dental aesthetics of it
Apart from looking natural, the tooth-colored resin also has other advantages which are listed down.
- An amalgam filling has all the possibilities to expand in your mouth due to the fluctuation of temperature. The filling might enlarge when it comes in contact with anything cold or hot, this can lead to leaks and cracks in your tooth. However, it is not the same when it comes to cosmetic fillings as there are no chances of expansion.
- Dental curing light is used to set the resin material which makes it hard and durable. It produces a blue light by using one or more light-emitting diodes. They are much more effective than halogen lights.
- A decayed or an affected tooth might not be able to produce its natural strength due to which, chewing your food could be a big problem. Composite fillings can successfully mend the condition of the decayed tooth and bring back your chewing ability.
- Composite fillings are used to bond to your tooth securely wherein, the dentist needs to drill your tooth to remove the decayed part in order to fix an amalgam filling in the area. Thus, there might not be any tooth reduction when it comes to bonding composite fillings.
- Amalgam fillings consist of mercury which may not be safe as some people might be allergic to it. Tooth-colored or cosmetic fillings on the other hand, don’t contain mercury and are considered to be safe.
Composite fillings can certainly be beneficial in several ways but you also need to maintain a meticulous dental routine to make it sustain. Here are some tips.
- Clean your tongue along with brushing and flossing twice daily.
- Avoid having foods and beverages that can stain your teeth.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Pay a visit to the dentist every six months.
Do you want to get the condition of your decayed tooth reinstated? Get in touch with us at 315-497-6316 to experience our effective cosmetic filings.